Friday, February 19, 2010

First Review in for "The Heart's Desire" and "The Heart Broken"

Well, I hadn't planned on doing a posting tonight, but couldn't sit on this. I got in the first review for "The Heart's Desire" and "The Heart Broken". As you all know, "The Heart's Desire" is my first attempt at fiction writing. To say I was scared was an understatement. I wasn't sure how it would be received. I was scared that much more that I'd made an idiot out of my myself through my writing attempts and now EVERYONE knew what I felt. I love my family, but while they love my books... I needed to find someone objective to honestly critique it. So, by the grace of God and a friend from church, Debra Gaynor's name was given to me to contact. Debra is a Kentucky reviewer who has her own business and wants to promote the fine authors Kentucky has to offer. So when she not only gave a 5 star rating to "Forget Me Not" AND wrote about it in the Hancock Clarion newspaper, my confidence started to rise... and thus I began my venture into fictional writing.

Below you will find the reviews found at "Readers Favorite: Book Reviews". Out of a 0-5 star rating (0 being bad, 5 being outstanding), I received a 5 star rating for both books. To say I'm estatic just doesn't cover it. I'm beyond estatic. At the present, my dreams are beginning to be touched... but there is still MUCH more of the dream to grasp.

***************************************************************
Rated 5 Stars
The Hearts Desire-Book 1 of "The Heart Series"

Moving from Virginia to Kentucky was a hard trip for the Baker Family. Tragedy and joy followed them on the journey. The death of children and the birth of son along the way, only to be murdured by Indians in this their dream land. The few who survive carry on the legacy.

Ella Baker Gray has grown uo, married and raising a family of her own, all the while beliving her oldest brother survived the attack years ago.When a mysterious stranger arrives in town, he holds the key to all the questions Ella has pondered for years.
When their daughter Kate falls in love with William Miller, his father comes between them and along with her plans to be a teacher will this drive them apart or make their love stronger.

When an unexpected storm comes up just as the Church social is ending everyone in its path is threatened.

As the tornado rips through the town who will survive........

****************
****************
Rated 5
The Heart Broken-Book 2 of "The Heart" Series

In book two of The Heart Series we find the town of Big Springs Kentucky trying to recoup from the tornado that nearly destroyed the town. When many lives were lost along with homes and businesses ,the town would survive. They would re-build.
For one family, James and Ella Gray the tornado was devastating. When Ella survives the tornado the outcome of the rest of the family changes completely. Who can predict the future.

Matthew Conner along with his family has been a stronghold in the Big Springs community for several years, but he has secrets that have remained hidden that would surprise the whole town if they only knew. If they ever became known it could very well destroy not only his life but the life of his daughter, destroyed by the hands of his very own family.

As the new year begins there have been many changes. A new school teacher, who has her own little unsuspected twists and turns to add to the story to a surprise ending of the book.

To get to know the characters and the what leads up to the beginning of the book “The Heart Broken “one really needs to read the first book ”The Heart’s Desire”. Look for book 3 of the series out later in 2010
*************************************

I'm waiting with anticipation two more reviews to come in on both books... to see if the first was a fluke, or if I really do have "something" to work with.

Have a great one!
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment